The Director of Career Services is responsible for creating a dynamic, career- readiness program for college students at varying levels of experience and education. This position will create, implement, and market the program so that students graduate with relevant experience for their chosen field, an understanding of how to conduct a successful job search/ graduate school application, and the ability to define career and life goals.
- Develop, lead, and promote a career services functional area within the Student Development Division.
- Design a career readiness program for students that addresses the unique needs of students at various developmental stages throughout their college experience.
- Develop relationships with local and regional business and educational partners to increase opportunities for student internships, career shadowing, temporary/summer jobs, and career employment.
- Partner with Alumni and Advancement Services to engage Alumni and Board of Trustee members in supporting career opportunities and learning for students.
- Supervise one professional staff member responsible for internships and student work as part of career preparation.
- Provide educational programs including, but not limited to, choosing, and advancing a career path, resume writing, interviewing, negotiating the job offer, workplace environments, etc.
- Host a career fair and other on-campus opportunities for employers to meet Young Harris College students.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor including but not limited to committee service, institutional events, and division initiatives.
|Please provide the candidate requirements *
Master’s degree in Business Administration, College Student Personnel, Higher Education Administration, Public Administration, or other relevant degree. 5 years’ direct experience in career services, student work, internship placement, or recruiting for a business or corporation.
Relevant Master’s degree or doctorate and 7-10 years of experience in Career Services in a higher education setting. The successful candidate will be innovative and able to adapt in communicating with the different needs of constituents in the world of work, campus partners, and student clients.
Apply at: http://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=5411351
Apply by: Monday, May 15, 2023
For more information please contact Karen Pruett at 706-379-5333 or firstname.lastname@example.org