The NACE Management Leadership Institute (MLI) is a five-day, intensive program for career services professionals who have recently assumed or aspire to leadership roles. GACE will sponsor the full tuition cost and hotel accommodations for one deserving member this year.
MLI is designed to provide participants with a new framework for achieving individual professional and operational goals, and features dynamic presentations and opportunities for networking with fellow practitioners. The program is designed for new directors or mid-career professionals with two to seven years of experience in career services. Thus, the content is tailored to practitioners without extensive management training. Participants must be committed to learning and are required to complete some assignments prior to the Institute.
More information can be found on the NACE website at the naceweb.org/professional-development/
GACE TUITION SCHOLARSHIP
Tuition is ~$2,200 for NACE members. This rate includes a single occupancy guestroom, all meals, and all materials used during the program. GACE will cover the cost of tuition. The GACE scholarship recipient or the recipient’s employer should be prepared to incur transportation costs and will be responsible for completing the MLI registration process.
- Active GACE membership during nomination year
- Demonstrated commitment to the philosophy/mission of GACE
- Current or previous representation on a GACE board or committee(s)
To apply for the scholarship, you must be a GACE member employed by an academic institution in a career services capacity and be willing to complete all MLI requirements.
Applications are reviewed for the following:
1. (25%) Completed nomination form
2. (25%) An essay no more than two pages in length with the guiding topic: “Why I Want To Attend the NACE Management Leadership Institute"
In the essay, please specify:
- Your work in career services;
- Issues you feel the career services profession faces;
- Your future goals, including your continued involvement with GACE;
- The purpose, cost, and supporting information about the professional development opportunity; and
- What you hope to gain from attending the institute.
3. (25%) One Letter of Recommendation
4. (25%) Résumé
NOMINATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Nominations can be made online annually during the open nomination time period. A GACE committee will review the application materials and select a winner. All application materials must be received by the deadline posted on the GACE website, and a winner will be notified in mid-March. Partial submissions will not be accepted.
The winner will be recognized annually at the Awards Reception at the GACE Annual Conference.
PAST MLI RECIPIENTS
- 2020-21 | Theresa Duggar, Georgia Southern University
- 2019-20 | Kenji Terawaki, Georgia Tech
- 2018-19 | Charles Howard, Clayton State University
- 2017-18 | Dwayne Peterson, Georgia College
- 2016-17 | Iteeah Pounds, University of West Georgia