The GACE Employer Leadership Award is designed to provide GACE’s employer members with an opportunity to receive training and explore the fundamentals needed to excel in university relations and recruiting. GACE employer members may select a professional development opportunity that meets this purpose. Examples include: SHRM conferences and workshops, NACE RLI, PHR certification classes, etc. When applying for the Employer Leadership Award, nomination essays must include information about the intended professional development and its value to the applicant’s career trajectory.
GACE TUITION SCHOLARSHIP
The award recipient will receive a scholarship totaling no more than $2,000 toward the program registration and/or travel costs associated with the award professional development program of the recipients choosing. The recipient or the recipient’s employer will be responsible for any additional costs incurred and will be responsible for completing the registration process.
- Active GACE membership during nomination year
- Demonstrated commitment to the philosophy/mission of GACE
- Current or previous representation on a GACE board or committee(s)
To apply for the scholarship, you must be a GACE member employed by an academic institution in a career services capacity and be willing to complete all requirements.
Applications are reviewed for the following:
1. (25%) Completed nomination form
2. (25%) An essay no more than two pages in length with the guiding topic: “Why I Want To Attend the (insert professional development opportunity)”
In the essay, please specify:
- Your work as a recruiter or other relevant HR employee;
- Issues you feel the recruiting profession faces;
- Your future goals, including your continued involvement with GACE;
- The purpose, cost, and supporting information about the professional development opportunity; and
- What you hope to gain from attending the professional development opportunity.
3. (25%) One Letter of Recommendation
4. (25%) Résumé
NOMINATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Nominations can be made online annually during the open nomination time period each spring. A GACE committee will review the application materials and select a winner. All application materials must be received by the deadline posted on the GACE website. Partial submissions will not be accepted.
The winner will be recognized annually at the Awards Reception at the GACE Annual Conference.