Developing the “next generation” of great leaders in our state.
The GACE Leadership Institute was established to help GACE members learn the governance of the association, enhance leadership skills and increase involvement in the association. Selected participants will learn different approaches, tools and methods to be a successful leader in our association. Participants will also learn about the structure of GACE and what it takes to be a leader by serving as volunteers on a GACE committee.
The goal of GLI is to prepare GACE members for GACE Leadership and beyond. Whether this is through moving into a committee chair role, executive board role or something entirely different. Our goal is to work with our participants to help successfully launch the into the next phase of their leadership journey. The program is intended to provide GACE colleagues with professional development that can further their own careers.
GLI participation is open to:
- Individuals who have been GACE members for at least 6 months
- GACE current career services and employer members
- Individuals interested in progressing to the next level of leadership in GACE or their current careers
- Individuals with the ability and willingness to commit to the entire webinar learning modules
Sample Learning Modules
- Leadership IQ – Communication is Key
- We Are GACE? – How to Get Involved
- Nuts and Bolts of GACE – Organization Financial Responsibility
- Overcoming Fear – Leading GACE Statewide Career Fair and Annual Conference
- How to Run an Effective Meeting
- The Keys to Conflict Management
2023 - 2024 GLI Recruitment opens on July 24th!
2023- 2024 Application Period
Application opens: July 24th
Application window: July 24th– September 29th
Application deadline: September 29th
Application review: October 2nd - 13th
Participants presented to board: October Board Meeting
Decision/Notification to GLI participants: Week of Oct 23rd
GLI 2023-2024 class announced: November Newsletter
Questions, contact Stephani Womack at firstname.lastname@example.org