The Co-op & Experiential Education Coordinator will coordinate and provide professional and administrative support for the Career Center’s co-op and internship programs. This position will interact regularly with students, employers, faculty, alumni, and staff.
This position will typically advise students, faculty, staff, and employers on all facets of the co-op and internship programs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist with coordinating the administration of co-op, internships, and experiential learning programs
• Assist in developing processes and procedures to increase the efficiency of program administration and improve the customer service experience for students and employers
• Assist in registering and tracking co-op, internship, and experiential learning in the Career Center’s CSM
• Provide advising and assistance to students engaged in co-ops, internships, and experiential learning
• Facilitate the resolution of concerns brought forward by students, faculty, and/or co-op/internship site personnel
• Compile, organize and analyze data for use in reports for targeted programs/projects and other initiatives
• Provide support in the execution of signature programs/projects and other initiatives
• Contributes to all aspects of Career Center programming, organization, marketing, and implementation of programs, workshops, and events
Technical Diploma, Associate's Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Three to five years of job-related experience
• Bachelor’s Degree, 2+ years of experience in Career Services, HR, Recruiting, or related field
• Effective communication, concise error-free writing; relationship development
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to develop, execute projects and establish goals with minimal supervision
• Knowledge of experiential learning best practices
• Ability to organize work effectively independently and with the team
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work in a fast-paced environment
Excellent written and verbal communication, customer service, and organization skills. The ability to prioritize tasks, and work independently and/or within a team environment.
The Career Center helps students prepare for their future through career exploration, internships, career advising, career fairs, career education, and more.
The Career Center includes the cooperative education (Co-op) and internship programs in which students can participate while attending Georgia Tech, and Career Education team provides with resources the students need to support their searches for full-time employment after graduation, such as help with the exploration, selection, and pursuit of meaningful careers; career counseling; resume writing interview tips, and more.
While the position may require some travel and a flexible schedule, Georgia Tech has developed a policy for staff remote work.
Georgia Tech offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees. In addition to health and welfare resources, Georgia Tech provides tuition assistance, flexible work arrangements, seasonal classes, summer camps and so much more.
Health and welfare benefits are provided through the University System of Georgia, which includes healthcare, dental, vision, and retirement plan options for employees working 30 hours per week or more on a regular basis. Additional information about Benefits can be found at the following website: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits.
Georgia Tech also offers perks and program incentives to Georgia Tech employees. Georgia Tech has a partnership with local, statewide, and national businesses that offer discounts and other incentives to employees and students. Additional information and Perks and Programs can be found at the following website: https://hr.gatech.edu/perks-programs. Some perks include the 529 Georgia Higher Education Savings plan, discounts for entertainment and shopping, Be Well Benefits Education & Wellness Series, Employee Assistance Program for mental health, and discounted monthly transit passes.
Georgia Tech has established 12 official paid holidays each calendar year for employees at the institution. These holidays shall be awarded in addition to earned vacation time.
Georgia Tech offers our faculty and staff a community that values diversity, education, training, and personal development. Being part of an environment that thrives on innovation and excellence is exciting for all who set foot on campus. Tech’s legendary history and extraordinary foresight make it a place where tradition combines with cutting-edge research and practices. This makes Georgia Tech a unique and opportune place to start or propel your career. We are looking for hardworking professionals who value diversity and inclusion; are dedicated to undergraduate education; and make students the top priority to join our organization of talented, energetic, and creative team members. Apply today!
Please include a cover letter with your application.
Hiring range: $22-$24 hourly rate, paid bi-weekly, plus full benefits.
Application link :
Application deadline: Thursday, June 9,2022
Gold Level Partner
Silver Level Partner
Bronze Level Partners
© Copyright GACE - Georgia Association of Colleges & Employers - All Rights Reserved