General Summary: Supervises the personnel of the Internship and Career Development Center team under the leadership of the Executive Director. Directs the college's efforts to develop effective professional skills and provide access to postgraduate opportunities (jobs, service, professional/graduate schools) for undergraduate and graduate students within the guidelines of federal, state and local laws and office, division and college policies and procedures. Reports to the Executive Director of the Internship and Career Development Center and collaborates with faculty and staff to provide students with professional development opportunities aligned with the college's strategic initiatives.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Supervises the Internship and Career Development Center's team to support professional success for our undergraduates, graduate students, and recent graduates (0-2 years out).
2. Supervises and manages internship and career development team for undergraduate and graduate students to include implementing strategy for the Center, cultivating employee effectiveness with regular feedback, and engaging and providing professional coaching to students.
3. Tracks best practices and pilots innovative, multi-prong approaches for career education for undergraduate and graduate students.
4. Leads a robust career program serving students across academic disciplines with focus on increased engagement, impact, and professional success outcomes. Multiple priorities include building the alum career network, coordinating instruction of the SUM120 Career Explorations Lab course, engagement with underserved student populations, employer engagement and support for recent graduates (0-2 years out).
5. Participates in the career community model to lead internship and career development staff in developing and maintaining recruiting relationships with corporate, nonprofit, and government partners to provide sustained internship and post-graduate opportunities for students across the college.
6. Collaborates with faculty and Academic Affairs leadership to integrate career education and experiential learning policies and initiatives across the undergraduate and graduate programs.
7. Collaborates with registrar, academic advising, graduate studies, and academic centers to administer career development programs.
8. Collaborates with faculty and staff charged with providing professional development programming for faculty to enhance major advising and curricular connections to professional success.
9. Assists the Executive Director in the development and implementation of assessment aligned with the strategic goals of the college for the internship and career development program to measure, report, and drive data-based decisions on program effectiveness relative to student, recent alum and employer engagement and career outcomes.
10. Collaborates with graduate studies, student affairs, and alumnae relations to create relevant professional education experiences for our students and recent graduates (0-2 years out).
11. Manages Assistant Director, Internship Programs including Hubert Scholars, Advantage Awards, and credit-bearing internships to meet college goals.
EDUCATION: Bachelors required. Masters degree in Higher Education Administration, Human Resources, Student Affairs, Counseling or related field preferred. Relevant professional certifications preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 5+ years of experience in career coaching, employee and/or workforce development or student career advising. Experience overseeing career programs and staff in a nonprofit institution of higher education or an organizational setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Intermittent sitting, standing, walking, and moving of light objects. Frequent local/regional travel and occasional national travel is required. Must have a valid driver's license.
Application Link: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/agnesscott/jobs/2181694/GA-Georgia/Decatur/Associate-Director-Office-of-Internship
Apply By: 02/25/2022
Gold Level Partner
Silver Level Partner
Bronze Level Partners
© Copyright GACE - Georgia Association of Colleges & Employers - All Rights Reserved